Wednesday, August 3, 2011

what muscles should i work together?

Day 1: Chest/Triceps
For most chest exercises, the triceps are the secondary muscle group so they are already being used some so then you blast them with a tricep workout that same day and you end up really sore. Im usually sore for 3 to four days haha

Day 2: Biceps/Back
I like this because a lot of back exercises also use the biceps (Pull ups, Lat pulldown, any type of rows). and i usually do these together starting with back exercises (finishes my back workout and warms up my biceps) and then i do my bicep workout and this usually leaves me sore for a few days as well if i work hard enough.

Day 3: Shoulders/Calves
I do these here to give myself a day where there are any huge muscle groups being trained because I go all out on my leg day and i want to have the energy and also not have any sore muscles compromise my lifts. This is one of the less intense days (still intense, but less) and it gives you a little recoop time from the big muscle groups.

Day 4: Upper Legs/Abs
I put these together because they are whats left and they go well together. When i squat or leg press, im usually sore all the way through the weekend and this is the one that tires me out the most so i save it until the last, it is also one of my favorites (other than tri/chest. so i put on at the beginning and one at the end)


If you want to change up the order you can but do not train the same muscle group within 48 hours of eachother because that could result in over training and break down your muscles instead of build them up. You can probably get away with a full days rest but its really not recommended unless you need to, but i dont see why you would.

Also, I recommend that you try to take a break for a day after day two if that works with your schedule so you have time to recoop a little but if you cant tahts fine. and if you have to split it 3 days and one day, save your hardest day until that day alone (for me, it would be the leg/ab day)

also i aim for 3 sets of 8-15 reps going to total failure with 45 seconds to a minute of rest in between but you can do whatever works for you

Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment